These terms and conditions constitute the full and complete service agreement (the "Agreement") between you (the "Customer/You") and Cleaning Fairies ("Service Provider/We"). Please take some time to review this Agreement.
1. Cleaning services
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Service Provider agrees to provide domestic-, office cleaning, ironing services to the Customer at an address specified by the Customer (the "Premises").
- The Service will be for such cleaning duties as agreed with the Customer at the time of booking.
- The Service Provider will provide one or more cleaners (the "Cleaner") to attend the Premises to provide the Service at a time and date mutually agreed between Service Provider and the Customer (the "Service Time").
- Service Provider endeavour to provide the Service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
- Every cleaner that we employ is personally interviewed and references are checked by us.
- We provide cleaning materials and equipment. All cleaning equipment are safe and in full working order.
- If any estimate is given on how long it will take our cleaner to do the job, this is only an estimate based on the average time it takes to clean a home of similar size. It is difficult to estimate precisely how long the job may take and a degree of flexibility may be required.
- Our acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
2. Satisfaction Guarantee
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not completely satisfied with any part of your service we will return to your home to re-clean the area/task within 24 hours. Please contact the office as soon as possible during our normal business hours in 24 hours.
3. Additions and amendments binding
- Any changes to the Service to be provided must be agreed by the Service Provider prior to the Service Time.
- If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact the Service Provider by telephone or email, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion. The Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any changes to the Service being provided. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner.
4. Customer representations and warranties
The Customer represents and warrants that:
- it will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service;
- the Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service;
- it will provide the Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Cleaner to provide the Service;
- it will advise the Service Provider prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises;
- it is authorised to use the Premises and obtain the provision of Service;
- if the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items (eg. a fridge, bookshelf, or other furniture), it will move those items prior to the commencement of the Service; and it will secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
- Fridges and Freezers must be thoroughly defrosted before cleaning can start. Kitchen cupboards must be emptied before cleaning can start. They will not be covered by the terms if this is not the case. Ovens must be in a condition that will enable thorough cleaning with standard professional chemical products.
- We will do our best to make sure your electrical appliances, microwave, oven, fridge/freezer, are cleaned to a high standard. However, if they have not been cleaned since they were purchased we won’t be held liable for ingrained dirt that cannot be shifted using standard professional chemicals.
5. Health and safety risks
- the Cleaner is entitled to undertake a job safety analysis before the commencement of any work to assess the health and safety risk at the Premises;
- the Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not use or cease using any materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer if the Cleaner thinks, in their absolute discretion, that the use of such materials or cleaning equipment poses a risk to health and safety.
- the Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not provide or cease the provision of the Service where carrying out the Service presents, in the absolute discretion of the Cleaner, a risk to health and safety.
6. No engagement of cleaners
- The Customer acknowledges the Service Provider invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless the Service Provider gives prior written permission, the Customer must not, directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner to provide domestic services to the Customer or any associate of the customer for any period during which services are provided by the Service Provider or for a period within 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Service Provider may suffers loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
7. Job quotations
- The actual price payable by the Customer is calculated on the total number of hours worked by the Cleaners.
- Any price quoted by the Service Provider is an estimate only based onthe Service Provider's experience, without inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer. Subject to this clause, quotes are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quote.
- If at the commencement or during the course of providing the Service, it is apparent that the actual cost of the Service will exceed the quote provided by the Service Provider, the Service Provider will provide the Customer with the option to pay an increased fee to complete the Service, or pay the quoted amount without the Service being completed.
- The Customer must inform the Service Provider whether any cleaning services required are for an 'end of tenancy cleaning' at the time of quotation.
- If our cleaners need to collect keys from a third party’s address outside the postal code of the premises where the work is to be carried out then a £10.00 charge may apply.
- Parking charges are applicable if parking arrangements cannot be made.
- Our cleaning service may be ordered by telephone, e-mail or online and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- At the time of booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises;
- The Service Provider provides all quotations at the time of booking.
- The Service Provider reserves the right not to accept a booking for any reason.
- You will need to provide us with your e-mail address or your mobile phone number and we will notify you by e-mail or text as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your booking and e-mail or text you again to confirm details.
- An acceptance of your order will take place when we receive your completed client instruction form.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the Customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom. The Service Provider reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Please check the website for updates.
- Domestic Cleaning: A minimum of 2 hours per cleaning visit applies.
- One Off Spring/Deep Cleaning: A minimum of 4 hours per cleaning visit applies.
- End of Tenancy Cleaning: A minimum of 4 hours per cleaning visit applies.
9. Payment terms
- The Customer agrees to pay the price quoted by the Service Provider.
- We accept the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer, paid weekly or monthly
- Cheque, posted weekly or monthly
- Cheque payments must make payable to the Service Provider.
- If it is not possible to obtain full payment for our services then we can cancel the contract and/or suspend any further bookings to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
10. Non Payment
The Service Provider will collect any outstanding monies owed to us. If as a result we have to use a debt collecting agency or county court to secure payment, you agree to pay any debt collecting agency fees, court fees, legal cost, or interest that will occur due to the result of non payment of your outstanding bill.
11. Late payment fee
- Where the Service Provider has agreed to invoice the Customer for payment of fees after the Service has been completed, the Customer agrees to pay in full, all fees due, within 7 days of the invoice date.
- The Customer agrees that if the Service Provider has not received payment in full for the Service within one calendar month of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of 20% applies for the first month. Interest will be charged on the fixed rate of 10% per month on any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify the Service Provider for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and other expenses incurred by the Service Provider in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken for recovery of debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay an amount by the due date.
If a Cleaner fails to attend the Premises within 1 hour of the Service Time and does not provide the requested Service,the Service Provider will provide the Customer with either:
- a full refund of payments made by the Customer; or
- offer to reschedule the Service at another time mutually agreed between the Customer and the Service Provider.
If the Customer is dissatisfied for any reason with the Service provided, it must inform the Service Provider within 24 hours of completion of the Service. The Service Provider strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and will endeavour to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently. We will not consider any complaints that are notified after a period of 24 hours. If you are dissatisfied with the work, a Cleaner must be allowed to return and re-do the job at no extra charge.
We will not be held liable for work not completed, or not completed to a good standard, if other people or contractors are present in the property when our Cleaners are working and carrying out the job. Parking charges are applicable if parking arrangements cannot be arranged.
14. Exclusions and limitations
The Service Provider is not responsible for:
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of a warranty by the Customer (including a failure by the Customer to provide a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of the Cleaner not proceeding for health and safety reasons;
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of the Service Provider;
- Not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- Existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed;
- Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- All fragile and highly breakable items, cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value, art and antiques.
- The cost of any key replacement or locksmith fees, unless keys were lost by the Service Provider or the Cleaner.
- Old stains that cannot be removed using normal cleaning methods.
- Accidental damage due to faulty equipment.
- Any accidental damage caused by a cleaner working for the Service Provider, if there is an outstanding amount owed to the Service Provider (excluding payment due for the cleaning visit when the accident happened).
- The Service Provider will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. Customer should provide special instructions for deactivation/activation of any alarm systems.
15. Accidents, breakage, damage & theft
- While our cleaners will treat your home with great care accidents can and do happen from time to time. The Service Provider has public and employer’s liability insurance. The policy will cover major accidental damage caused by our cleaners.
- The Customer must inform the Service Provider of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of the Cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- Any claims reported later than 24 hours after the clean will not be considered. If a report of damage is made on a Saturday it must be reported by Monday 12:00 pm to be accepted as a valid claim.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value, art and antiques.
- We may require entry to the location of the claim within 24 hours to correct or assess the problem.
You can change the number of hours, and the interval between cleaning visits, by giving at least 24 hours notice before the next cleaning visit.
- The Customer must provide the Service Provider with at least 24 hours notice prior to the Service Time, if they wish to suspend, postpone or cancel the Service for any reason.
- In the event that such notice has been given, the Service Provider will endeavour to reschedule the Service if required.
- Domestic cleaning: You agree to pay the full price of the cleaning visit if you cancel or change the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. You agree to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or a problem with your keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills. You agree to pay the full price of one cleaning visit in the case of a termination of the service if you have given less than 7 days advanced notice. You have the right to terminate the service without giving 14 days advanced notice but by giving 24 hours advanced notice before or immediately after the first cleaning visit only.
- End of Tenancy Cleaning: You may cancel the scheduled cleaning job at least 24 hours prior to the agreed start time. You agree to pay a £35.00 cancellation fee if you cancel or change the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. You agree to pay a £35.00 cancellation fee in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or a problem with customer’s keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
- One-off Deep or Spring Cleaning: You may cancel the scheduled cleaning job at least 24 hours prior to the agreed start time. You agree to pay a £35.00 cancellation fee if you cancel or change the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. You agree to pay £35.00 cancellation fee in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or problem with customer’s keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
- Cancellation by us:
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
1. We have insufficient staff to fulfil the booking you have ordered;
2. We do not cover your area; or
3. One or more of the services you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
4. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail within 7 days of your booking.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
6. By entering into a contract with the Service Provider, you agree that after the termination of the cleaning service you will not hire or use any domestic services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to you by us. If you do wish to hire or use domestic services provided by such a Cleaner then you must pay a referral fee of £500.
18. Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to the Service Provider. Any use of this website or its contents,including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on thi swebsite for any purpose.
19. Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all services have been fairly described.
All services are subject to acceptance and availability. If the service you have booked is not available, we will contact you by e-mail or phone (if you have given us details). You will have the option either to wait until the service is available or to cancel your booking.
The prices payable for services that you book are as set out in our website. All prices are inclusive of tax at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
The Customer acknowledges that any information provided by the Customer may be used by the Service Provider for the purpose of providing the Service. The Service Provider agrees not to share any information provided by the Customer with any third party not directly involved in the provision of the Service (unless required to do so by law).
23. Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
24. Changes to this agreement
The Service Provider reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and may do so by publishing an updated agreement on its website. Each updated agreement will take effect 24 hours after it has been published on the website.
If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at our contact page.